What is Doggy Day care?
Doggy Day Care is a day care service for your dog. It is more than just minding your dog. Daycare for dogs involves any or all of the following activities:
- General Exercise (playing with other dogs)
- Mental Games (ball throwing and rope pulling with attendants)
- Social Games (mixing with other dogs)
- Relaxation Time (structured rest time)
- Toys and Obstacles (play equipment allows dogs to play and climb)
- Water Play in summer (wading pools)
- Agility (agility equipment builds mental stimulation)
- Treadmill Training (supervised walking training only - great for energetic dogs - requires owner permission/request)
How does it work?
- Daycare at Scruffy's is available Monday to Friday from 7am till 7pm. A half-day daycare stay is also available.
- Dogs are assessed before they can attend Scruffy's.
- Enrolment (including assessment) costs $25.
- Assessments are available Monday to Friday 7:30am-11am.
- After passing the assessment the first 5 visits are on a probationary basis. This gives staff the chance to get to know your dog over a few days. Once the first five visits are successfully completed, you are welcome to book recurring bookings and, if you wish, to purchase a multi-visit pass.
- Drop your dog off anytime after 7am and pick up anytime before 7pm (Mon-Fri).
- Bookings are essential (email@example.com), however you are welcome to give us a quick call just before you bring your dog down. Dogs are not accepted after 2pm.
- How often should my dog come to day care? Dogs attend Scruffy's every day, a few times a week or even just one day a week to give them a day out. It's up to you whether your dog comes casually or regularly however we recommend that a dog will be happier and better socialised by attending daycare at least 1-2 times per week.
- Health and Safety: At Scruffy's the health and safety of your dog is our top priority; our specially built areas have beds and fresh water, are heated in winter and fan-cooled in summer.
- All our dogs are carefully grouped each morning into the appropriate small group we think is best suited to their age/size and temperament.
- With our unique and specially designed removable fence system we have between one and four play areas available.
- We have a special puppy and young dog group.
- We also have a strong and energetic group for those dogs that play more physically.
- Older dogs are catered for with individual attention where required.
- Every dog receives a personal report card at the end of their day of play.
- Cost: You are welcome to pay per visit for daycare however if your dog is attending regularly you can purchase multi-visit passes which drop the price of each visit down. Go to our daycare price list here.
- Training: Day care also includes ongoing on-site evaluation of your dog’s needs whether they be social, the best dogs to mix with or perhaps in need of a bit of one-on-one training. We also provide specific training courses with Lauren Hoyle of Pawfect Behaviour - for more info go to Dog Training in the menu.
Important Note: Proof of current vaccination to a C5 level (C3 plus canine cough) is a condition of entry to our premises. Please ask staff for more information.
Overnight Minding: Scruffy's is a long daycare centre. However if you are looking for overnight or holiday minding please speak to one of our friendly staff for recommendations.